PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
Additionally when you make a purchase a purchase from Story of Source through the Site or offline, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number). We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- Provide you with information and advertising relating to our products or services, when in line with the preferences you have shared with us
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns) as well as to improve relevancy of our advertising efforts.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We never sell your personal information and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Some of your personal information may be shared with their parties to communicate with you, fulfill orders and provide you with additional product information. For example:
- Shopify : we use Shopify to power our online store; you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Google Analytics : we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers interact with the site and how we can improve their experience; you can read more about how Google uses your Personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. If you would like, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
- Third Party services: we may employ other companies to provide services for us, such as delivery, credit card payment processing, etc. These companies are bound by confidentiality agreements to not disclose your Personal information for any other purpose.
We take appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, the Site cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
If you change your mind after you opt-in on our Site, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you by contacting us at email@example.com
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
No credit/debit cards’ details or personally identifiable information is stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We are not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which we link. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
If you would like to know more about our Privacy practices or would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org